Important! Cable TV Information
Georgia Southern offers digital cable in the residence halls. If you’re bringing a TV, make sure it has a QAM digital tuner and not an over-air (antenna) tuner. TVs manufactured by Sony, Samsung, LG, and Vizio typically have these. However, the value TVs such as (RCA, Element, and Hisense) do not have the QAM tuner, but the air tuner, and will not work with the cable system.
We are keeping a list of TV manufacturers and model numbers that have been tested and will require the external digital tuner to work.
The ResNet department offers technical assistance for the following services to students living in the Georgia Southern University’s residence halls.
- Internet – reliable, secure, high-speed Internet service.
- Cable – 75+ channels including multiple HBO and Showtime channels.
- Computer Labs – one in each residence hall, open around the clock.
- Anti-Virus Software – to keep your computer virus-free.
- Tech Support – ResNet Service Desk technicians to troubleshoot connection issues.
The ResNet department is here to assist with the successful connectivity to the Georgia Southern network and the Internet from all residence halls while mitigating common technical issues known to interfere with connectivity.